Kirtland & Packard has filed Pradaxa and Xarelto lawsuits in California and has petitioned to have these cases coordinated into a Judicial Council Coordinated Proceeding (JCCP). In a JCCP, lawsuits that have been filed in California state courts across the state are transferred to a single judge to expedite the legal process and avoid inconsistent rulings.
These lawsuits are filed by Kirtland & Packard on behalf of patients who took the blood thinners Pradaxaor Xarelto and suffered serious bleeding events. Pharmaceutical companies, including the makers of Pradaxa and Xarelto, have a duty to ensure that their drugs are reasonably safe for use – and failure to do so may be grounds for compensation. Our lawyers are working hard to get those hurt by these drugs the compensation they are entitled to.
While bleeding is a common complication associated with anticoagulants, it has been alleged that Pradaxa andXarelto are more dangerous than traditional blood thinners.
We expect the number of deaths and life-altering side effects to climb as investigations into Pradaxa and Xarelto continue.
In addition to these risks, lawsuits against the makers of Pradaxa and Xarelto are alleging:
- The manufacturers marketed the drugs as superior in the field of anticoagulants despite studies finding higher rates of gastrointestinal (GI tract) bleeding and transfusions in Pradaxaand Xarelto users than users of certain competitors.
- The makers of the drugs continue to market Pradaxa andXarelto as safe anticoagulant options.
- Doctors and medical staff were not properly made aware of methods to stabilize and treat a Pradaxa or Xarelto user in the event of a bleeding complication.
- Users of Pradaxa and Xarelto were not adequately warned of the health risks of suffering a fatal bleeding event.
- Pradaxa and Xarelto are linked to serious bleeding complications, excessive blood loss, intracranial hemorrhaging, eye bleeding (vitreous hemorrhage), stomach bleeding, gastrointestinal bleeding, wound infections from inhibited clotting, and lack of effectiveness in preventing dangerous clotting.
If you or a loved one suffered any of the adverse affects above after taking Xarelto or Pradaxa, please call or email us today for a free consultation on your case.