Under California law, consumers enjoy sweeping protections against unfair business practices. In our state, victims of unfair business practices can file suit to seek damages including:
- Money paid for goods or services
- Losses related to money paid for said goods or services
- Any costs incurred due to the unfair business practice
- Attorney and related legal fees
Consumers must make a demand in writing before filing an unfair business practices lawsuit in California. The attorneys at Watkins, Lourie, Roll & Chance can help you with the draft of this letter and all subsequent actions based on the company’s response.
What is an Unfair Business Practice
Unfair business practices typically involve advertising or marketing consumer goods or services, but may involve consumers or competitors. Our Redondo Beach attorneys have successfully handled many unfair business practices claims, including those involving:
- Deceptive or misleading advertisements
- Untrue or unverifiable claims
- Fraudulent or unlawful actions
- Failure to disclose information
- Violations of local, regional, or federal laws
- Acts that provide an unfair advantage over customers or competitors.
Unfair business practices may result in serious financial damages and may even result in personal injury. If you have been the victim of unfair business practices, call our South Bay office today to schedule your complimentary consultation and learn how we can help.
In addition to unfair business practices, you may have cause to file suit when business dealings become questionable or result in damages due to:
- Copyright infringement
- Breach of contract
- Predatory pricing
- Intentional disruption of business claims
- False Advertising
- Libel or slander
- Breach of insurance obligation claims
Business disputes can arise for any number of reasons. If you find yourself in a situation where legal assistance may be needed or if you simply have questions about your rights, we welcome an opportunity to meet with you, discuss your case, and provide you honest and frank information about your best path forward.
Call 310-536-1000 to schedule a free consultation at our Redondo Beach location. Kirtland & Packard serves the entire South Bay area, including Manhattan Beach and Torrance.